Ramsey County now administers the City's elections. The only change is that all voting conducted BEFORE Election Day is not available at Little Canada City Hall. The City's 3 Precinct locations for voting on Election Day will remain the same in Little Canada.
2022 General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Vote Absentee in person
Beginning Sept. 23, in-person absentee voting is available at two locations. Eligible voters may visit either location, regardless of their home address. Locations include:
Beginning Nov. 1, four additional locations will offer in-person absentee voting:
- Arlington Hills Community Center
- First Tee of Twin Cities - Highland National Golf Course
- Frogtown Community Center
- Ramsey County Library - White Bear Lake
In alignment with Section 203 of the Voting Rights Act, Hmong interpreter election judges will be available at in-person voting locations in 2022. Sample ballots will also be available in Hmong at mnvotes.org.
Vote by mail
Voters can visit ramseycounty.us/VoteByMail to request a ballot. A ballot will be mailed to the voter along with a pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope for returning their completed ballot materials. Voters can track the status of their absentee ballot through the Minnesota Secretary of State’s online ballot tracker.
Ballots returned by mail must be received by the Ramsey County Elections Office by Nov. 8 per state guidelines to be accepted.
Voters may also return their ballot in person at the Ramsey County Elections Office or the Ramsey County Library in Roseville. All ballots must be returned inside the building to designated staff who will verify the voter information is complete. Ballots placed in any outdoor document drop boxes or payment boxes will not be accepted.
Click here to see all candidates who file to run for a Minnesota office. The Offices of Little Canada Mayor and two City Council positions are on the General Election ballot on all even year elections.
The Little Canada City Council candidates on the November 8 ballot are:
Mayor: Tom Fischer
City Council: Dave Miller, Dawn Kulousek and Amanda Gutierrez
Click here to see all City Council filings in Ramsey County.
The League of Women Voters Roseville Area will be holding a Little Canada City Council Candidate's forum on September 29 starting at 7:00 p.m. Watch from the comfort of your easy chair as the candidates answer community members questions. The audience will be only be virtual.
This is an opportunity to learn more about your local candidates and even ask questions. email@example.com
Register to Vote Before Election Day
Save time at the polls and register to vote before Election Day. The deadline to pre-register for the 2022 General Election is October 18 at 5:00pm. You can register to vote online or with a paper application. Click here for more information. In Minnesota you can register at the polling place by bringing the required documents showing proof of residency with you to the polls on Election Day.
Visit www.mnvotes.org to register to vote or check your current status and address if you are unsure. Any changes to your name or address (even only changing apartment numbers) requires new voter registration. You must have an email address to register online.
Political Campaign Signs
Little Canada Zoning Code 903.110 Signs - Subd. B1 Permitted Signs:
(d) Political Campaign Signs. Such signs shall not exceed eight (8) square feet in all Residential Districts or sixteen (16) square feet in all other zoning districts. During the period forty-six (46) days before the state primary in a state general election year to ten (10) days following such general election, non-commercial signs of any size may be posted in any number, in accordance with Minnesota Statute.
Minnesota Statute 211B.045 NONCOMMERCIAL SIGNS EXEMPTION. https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/211B.045
For 2022, the time period for non-enforcement of campaign signs is June 24 - November 18, 2022
- Ramsey County Elections & Voting
- Campaign Finance Information
- Check the status of your Absentee Ballot Online
- See the names of candidates and questions that will be on the ballot for your precinct
The 2022 Minnesota Primary Election was held on August 9, 2022.
Online election results can be found on the Secretary of State’s website.
Candidate Campaign Finance Reports
Little Canada 2022 City Council Candidate Finance Reports available at Ramsey County Elections Campaign Finance Reports
- Am I eligible to vote?
- How do I sign up to serve as an election judge?
- How do I pre-register to vote?
- How do I find my voting precinct?
- How do I obtain an absentee ballot?
- How do I check the status of my absentee ballot?
- When and where can I vote absentee?
- Does my employer have to give me time off to vote?
- I'm worried about long lines on election day. Will I be able to vote?
- How can I view the names of candidates and questions that will be on the ballot for my precinct?
- Can I take a ballot to deliver to someone who is in the hospital?
- Where can I find district maps?
- Where can I find information about campaign finances for candidates in Ramsey County elections?
- How do I file to run for an office in a Municipal Election?
- Where is the nearest DMV so I can correct the address on my driver's license?
- Where can I find more information about elections and voting?